Men who have been diagnosed with prostate inflammation are wondering if it is possible to have sex with the prostate? But before you get an answer, you need to understand what kind of disease it is and what it causes.
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland in men. Most often, the cause of inflammation is a bacterial infection that has entered the prostate through the urethra. However, for inflammation to have an effect, sometimes an infection is not enough. Prostate disease can be provoked by the following factors:
- continuous reduction work, hypodynamic lifestyle;
- bowel disorders, in the form of frequent constipation;
- frequent hypothermia;
- lack of privacy for a long time or excessive amount of it;
- obesity, overeating, excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages, smoking, spicy food, constant stress;
The prostate is a gland measuring 3 by 4 centimeters and weighing up to 25 grams. It secretes a secretion that has a bactericidal effect. Therefore, it is believed that inflammation occurs most often with congestion in the organ, when its function is impaired and secretion loses its properties. It is at this point that an infection is associated, which worsens the appearance. But how to deal with overcrowding so as not to provoke the development of the disease?
Not long ago, doctors concluded that sex can be considered the best medicine you can think of in treating and preventing prostatitis. Experts, today, increasingly agree that with prostate it is possible and necessary to have sex and that it is extremely useful.
During sexual intercourse, with the onset of orgasm, an active and strong contraction of the prostate muscles is observed. It turns out a kind of massage, which increases blood flow to the gland. And this favorably affects its condition, eliminates the causes of the disease and shortens the recovery time.
Prostatitis can not be considered a sexually transmitted disease, as it is a purely male pathology. But, if the inflammation is caused by a bacteriological infection, then during intercourse it is worth using a condom to not transmit pathogenic microbes to the partner.
Also, you can not stop having sex during the illness. Abstinence for prostate inflammation can also be dangerous because due to the stagnation of the secretion produced by the glands, complications can develop. In addition, abstinence can cause swelling of the gland and the formation of blood clots caused by blood stasis.
When a man has unpleasant symptoms that call into question his masculine strength, he may experience depression. He develops irritability, excessive irritability, appetite is disturbed, he ceases to feel needed. Also, a man begins to suffer from insomnia, there is a lack of sexual desire.
A woman in such a situation should not stand aside, but be as tactful as possible, help a man and not let him get sick with all his thoughts. Only in this case it is possible to restore harmonious sexual intercourse.
Since there is irrefutable evidence of the beneficial effect of sexual intercourse in the treatment of glandular inflammation, it is important to do it correctly, without harming the body. Therefore, you should not rush to extremes. Everything should be in moderation. Having sex during treatment should not be elevated to the rank of priority. However, the main treatment should be medication and this method should play a supporting role.
To effectively get rid of the disease, you need to listen to the recommendations:
- First, sex with the prostate must be regular. The problem can not be solved if you only have intimacy 1 or 2 times a month. But even daily "procedures" can provoke a worsening of the disease. According to doctors, the golden mean is important in this matter, depending on the age of the man and his state of health. On average, the frequency of intercourse applicable to all ages is 2-3 times a week. Oral sex, in order not to bring a new infection to you or your partner, is only possible with a condom.
- Second, during the treatment of prostatitis, it is forbidden to change sexual partners, as the body is weakened, and the likelihood of a new infection increases, due to the possible entry of new microflora into the reproductive system. It may contain pathogens for which antibodies have not yet been developed, and since inflammation is already there, this can be dangerous.
- Third, those who do not have a permanent partner for intimacy, or those who do not have one at all (singles), are advised not to enter into casual relationships and not to expect stagnation, which can lead to illness. The only way out of this situation is masturbation. Although this method, for unknown reasons, is considered something reprehensible in society, it is able to free the gland from stagnation. Masturbation also helps to distribute stagnant blood to the pelvic organs and glands, thanks to this procedure, get the necessary massage. But, as with the frequency of sexual intercourse, masturbation should not be exaggerated. The normal way of complacency is 2-3 times a week.
- Fourth, the practice of coitus interruptus should be avoided, as they contribute to the slow outflow of blood from the male genitals, resulting in rupture of small capillaries in the penis and blood thickening in the prostate.
Acute prostatitis and sex
In acute prostate, a man feels severe pain in the lower abdomen as well as radiating pain in the genitals and perineum. At the same time, the body temperature can rise up to 39 degrees, and in severe cases even higher.
The pain is followed not only during emptying of the bladder, but also at rest. Therefore, in such a situation, the patient is unlikely to want intimacy.
But if you arrange competent treatment, then after a few days the patient can feel better. Only after that, it is recommended to alleviate stagnation, treat prostatitis with sex.
Additional treatment measures
In addition to regular sex, it is recommended to use a permitted group of physical exercises (you will not have to pull the "iron" in the gym), to prevent blockage in the prostate organ:
- It is easy to perform this exercise anywhere: at work, in transport, driving, lying in bed at home, etc. To do this, you need to take a deep breath and inflate your stomach. After holding your breath for 10-12 seconds, exhale (from the stomach). In this case, it is necessary to draw on the stomach as much as possible, so that he, so to speak, "goes" to the back. You need to repeat 3 to 7 times. During the day, you should do 3 sets.
- Similar to the first, the exercise does not require a special place and can be done in any position: sitting, lying down or standing. Its essence lies in the fact that you need to forcefully pull the anus and stay in this position for 7-10 seconds. This should be done three times, and during the day - several approaches.
- Next Exercise: Stand up straight, shift the weight to your left leg, and rotate your right leg back and forth. Start with 40 swings and work your way up to 100. Do the same for your left foot. It is also recommended to perform exercises 3 times a day.
- On foot, tilt alternately left and right, up to 30 times in one direction.
- This exercise is very important as it stretches the hip joints. It is necessary to make a straight split, make sure to secure with your hands and stretch the legs to the sides at the maximum distance. It is not necessary to sit on the floor. The main thing at the lowest possible point is to adjust for 20-30 seconds. Each time you should try to stretch your legs wider.
- Sitting on the floor with your legs outstretched forward, open your buttocks forward and then backwards. Each vith should open 30 to 50 times.
- Lie on your back, raise your pelvis, bending your spine, resting your head on the floor. Lock in this position for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- This exercise is known to everyone since kindergarten and is called "boat". To perform it, you need to lie on your stomach and place your hands behind your head. Arch your back while lifting your legs and chest straight, so that the support remains only in the stomach. It is necessary to stay in this position until the moment of fatigue begins. Repeat 3 times.
- Lie on your stomach on the ball. Rotate the ball for 5 minutes, adjusting the body pressure on it with your hands.
- Sitting on the floor with your feet straight, try to reach your feet with your hands. If possible, grasp your fingers. Hold this position for 10 seconds. You should spend 3-5 minutes a day on this exercise.
- Exercise from school years - "birch". Leaning your lower back with your hands and resting your head on the floor, lift your legs up. Hold for a few seconds (with added pressure, this exercise can not be done).
- The final exercise will be a deep squat, with the legs shoulder-width apart. Squats should be done slowly, and their number should be from 5 to 7.
For the prevention of prostatitis, especially for men at risk (office workers with sedentary work, as well as those who work in a cold or humid environment and are exposed to hypothermia, drivers of long distances, etc. ), it is recommended to follow. some rules:
- For a man of any age, physical activity is very important. A visit to the gym is not required but recommended. If you have a sedentary job, then you should make time every day for walking or jogging. This will improve blood circulation to the pelvis and reduce the likelihood of stagnation;
- as mentioned above, sex plays an important role in preventing and treating the disease. Significant regular sexual contact measured without perversions and exaggerations;
- it is necessary to eat foods that are beneficial to the body as a whole and to the prostate. The diet should include: fish and meat (low-fat varieties), vegetables and fruits, dairy products, compotes, juices and honey, as well as various seafood. You should refuse or restrict the use of alcohol, carbonated beverages, onions and garlic, peppers and mushrooms.
- hypothermia is also a factor that provokes the development of prostate inflammation, which should be avoided. Avoid exposure to currents and wear warm clothes;
- Stress and overwork cause a decrease in immunity and consequently the body's defenses are reduced. It is necessary to take care of a good sleep and avoid nervous situations;
- a good, invigorating effect has a contrast bath. This procedure improves immunity and improves blood circulation;
- Regular visits to the urologist can detect the disease in the early stages. It is much easier to treat a disease that has just begun than a pathology already developed. If a man has been previously diagnosed with prostate, then it is advisable to come for a second examination every 3 months, in the first year. In the following years, it is enough to visit a urologist once in six months.
Thus, prevention is an important condition for maintaining fit men's health. An important condition for prevention is also regular sex life. According to statistics, men who have sex at least 2 times a week (with a regular partner) get prostate less by 60%.