Maintaining prostate function is essential for maintaining sexual activity and male well-being.Prevention of prostatitis in men is important at any age and is vital after 50 years, when the risk of disease increases.To prevent disease, a range of modern medicines have been developed that are effective in preventing degenerative processes in the tissues of a healthy gland. Medicines for prophylactic purposes can be taken in acute forms of prostatitis, preventing the chronic course of the disease.
Principles of prevention
Prophylactic therapy of prostatitis drugs with drugs, as well as biologically active additives aims to:
- prevention of inflammatory processes in glandular tissues;
- fighting infections that cause prostate disease;
- improving blood microcirculation and secretion flow;
- normalization of metabolism in the prostate gland and adjacent organs, their nutrition;
- increased local immunity of glandular cells;
- prevention of infections, including sexually transmitted infections;
- control of sex hormone levels and ratio;
- increased potency.
To solve the defined tasks, groups of drugs of different exposure spectra are used. If necessary, complex therapy may be prescribed.
|Types of drugs||What is the purpose of their action|
|Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs||Normalize the muscle tone of the organs of the genitourinary system and perineum, preventing the appearance of inflammation in the glandular tissues; prevention of hypertrophy.|
|Antibiotics||Aiming at destroying pathogens that can cause pathological changes.|
|painkillers||They are used for the symptomatic treatment of the acute course of the disease, relieving vascular and muscle spasms, which helps to avoid hypertrophy.|
|Adrenergic blockers||They have a relaxing effect on the smooth muscles of the prostate gland, improving urine flow. They have a partially suppressive effect on the sympathetic nervous system, weakening its effect on the prostate.|
|Immunomodulators||They aim to maintain overall body tone and enhance local reactions of glandular structures, as well as resistance to viruses and bacteria.|
|Herbal preparations||Increase the body's defense thanks to natural ingredients. Relieve swelling, normalizing urine secretion.|
|Homeopathic medicines||Stabilize metabolic processes at the cellular level, with a gentle effect on the body; restore damaged cells.|
You can choose the right pharmacological agents after you have received professional advice from a urologist. The list of funds should be based on:
- preliminary diagnosis;
- complaints and symptoms;
- the general condition of the patient, taking into account his age, sexual activity.
Please note: many medications aimed at strengthening the strength and improving the prostate can cause different (even opposite) reactions in patients, so the choice of medication is always individual.
When prescribing a course of treatment, a specialist takes into account the difference between drugs, their spectrum of action:
- Some of them, along with prophylactic properties, have medicinal properties, others are used as an adjunct to the main course of treatment.
- Some have a systemic effect, while others affect locally (directly on the gland).
- Medications also vary in the way they are used (treatment can be performed with the help of tablets, injections, suppositories, ointments, gels).
A professional approach will help perform prevention competently.This is important to stay healthy and avoid unnecessary complications.
A preparation taken from bull prostate tissue
The active substance of the drug is a complex of water-soluble peptides of animal origin in the form of an extract of the prostate gland of sexually mature bulls. Properties:
- Has an organotropic effect on the prostate, helping to reduce edema and stagnation of prostatic fluid.
- Prevents leukocyte infiltration of the gland and normalizes the secretion of epithelial cells.
- Has anti-inflammatory effect, helping to avoid thrombosis of small prostate veins.
- Prevents the deterioration of chronic processes and relapses after surgery.
Produced in the form:
- lyophilisates for the preparation of a 5 mg solution;
- rectal suppositories (30 or 50 mg), 5 or 10 pieces per pack.
How to apply:
- Perform intramuscular injections of 5 and 10 g, dissolving the lyophilisate in 1-2 ml of sodium chloride 0, 9% or anesthetic solution 0, 25-0, 5% (course from 5 to 10 days, 1 time per day).
- Suppositories should be administered rectally one by one 1-2 times daily after bowel movement. For deep insertion, moisten the candle with water. They lie down for half an hour.
Cheap and effective in use, they are considered one of the best products. Prices depending on the form of release and the number of suppositories in the package.
The drug is based on interferon alpha, which prevents the effects of bacteria, viruses, fungi that cause inflammation in prostate tissue. Has an antioxidant effect, removing and neutralizing harmful substances accumulated in the prostate gland. Prevents the transition of acute to chronic prostatitis. Consumed in the form of suppositories rectally, 1 suppository 500000 IU per day for 5 days.
Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance and tendency to allergic reactions.
Antimicrobial drug from the fluoroquinolone group
Available in candles and tablets. Effective in preventing prostatitis due to an active antibiotic in combination with prostate extract. Has an organotropic effect on the prostate gland:
- reducing the severity of edema;
- normalization of microcirculation;
- increased ejaculate quality;
- pain relief;
- elimination of dysuria;
- increasing power.
Insert 1 rectal suppository after natural bowel movement, standing for 30-40 minutes in horizontal position. The course is 10 days. Allergy is possible among the side effects. The agent is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components.
List of dietary supplements to prevent prostatitis
Dietary supplements belong to the aids of prevention of prostate diseases, without being medicine. They have an overall health-enhancing effect, compensating for the lack of those biologically active substances in the body that stimulate the work of the gonads. Therefore, many patients prefer to take dietary supplements as a preventative measure.
Supplement for zinc and pumpkin seeds
A positive effect on the condition of the prostate is associated with the presence of glycine, vitamin E, zinc. The composition also includes:
- pumpkin seeds;
- bark of African pigeons and white poplar;
- sand root roots, gold bars, burdock, Icelandic moss grass etc.
Has a normalizing effect on the genitourinary system, improves prostate function, nourishing cells with the necessary vitamins and minerals of natural origin. Take 1 capsule twice daily with meals for 1 month. Contraindications include individual intolerance and renal failure. Side effects - allergies.
Drugs originating from bovine prostate
Effective in maintaining prostate health due to a complex of proteins and nucleoproteins derived from the bovine prostate gland in the bovine subfamily. It is a bioregulatory drug that normalizes the function of the genital area. Has a positive effect on the condition of the genitourinary system in old age. Acts selectively on prostate cells.
Take 10-15 minutes before meals, 1-3 tablets 2-3 times a day for 10 days. The tablet should be swallowed without chewing and washed with water. In some cases, side effects in the form of allergies are possible with individual intolerance.
Dietary supplement with alcohol-based creeping palm extract
The drug has a positive effect on the state of men's health, as:
- controls androgen levels;
- helps maintain normal gland size by regulating protein synthesis;
- has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- reduces vascular permeability, preventing the appearance of edema of prostate gland tissue.
Take 1 capsule once a day at the same time in a course determined by the doctor individually. Capsules should be swallowed whole with a small amount of liquid. Individual intolerance to the manifestations of allergic reactions is possible. Rarely, abdominal pain with nausea.