In case a man has an inflamed prostate gland, then you should choose the best medicines for prostatitis and prostate adenoma. Currently, many manufacturers offer different medicines, but you should choose only the most effective and high quality ones for your health.
What is prostatitis and prostate adenoma
A benign neoplasm that is localized to the prostate gland is called a prostate adenoma. It is this pathology that reduces a man's sexual activity and disrupts the natural flow of urine. If the pathology is not diagnosed in time and effective treatment is not prescribed, this can lead to the development of serious pathologies, such as benign hyperplasia, which has a tendency for malignancy.
As medical practice shows, the progression of the pathology is observed mainly in men over forty years of age and it is at this age that the disease does not respond well to conservative treatment. I would also like to emphasize the fact that surgery is also not performed if a man is elderly.
When drug treatment is needed
In case a man develops symptoms that indicate the development of inflammation of the prostate gland, then to get rid of the pathology and prevent the occurrence of severe consequences, it is necessary to choose the most effective medication for prostate adenoma.
Among other things, to cure the disease, it is necessary at the first symptoms to seek help from a medical institution. The fact that benign hyperplasia develops in the male body is evidenced by the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain;
- problems and discomfort when urinating;
- constant feeling of empty bladder;
- burning and itching during urination;
- false stimulation and urinary retention;
- pollakiuria day and night.
In case you have noticed even the smallest signs listed above, then you should immediately contact a medical institution to find a really accurate diagnosis and start treatment.
It is also worth considering the fact that drug treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma with medication is possible only if the pathology is at an early stage and the patient has not yet had time to develop complications.
All medications for prostate adenoma are divided into the following types:
- Hormonal medications are prescribed to regulate the growth of glandular tissue in the body. These drugs are prescribed only by the doctor, as this medicine is not always suitable in every personal case. This is mainly due to the fact that the drug has many contraindications and side effects. Hormonal drugs are prescribed mainly in the initial stage of the disease to normalize circulation in the prostate, to stabilize urination and to eliminate swelling.
- Alpha-blockers - these drugs for the treatment of pathologies such as prostate adenoma have a relaxing effect on muscle fibers, eliminate muscle spasms and normalize urination. Due to its unique composition, this drug has a mild effect on the human body, therefore it is also recommended for elderly patients, as well as for men suffering from diabetes mellitus, bronchial asthma and many other diseases. Despite all their advantages and peculiarities, these drugs can only eliminate the symptoms, but unfortunately, they can not stop the pathological process itself and, accordingly, will not prevent the subsequent development of the disease.
- Herbal preparations - these drugs for prostate adenoma in men are among the most effective and differ in that they contain the minimum number of side effects. Basically, these drugs are prescribed to eliminate problems with urination, as well as to increase the rate of urine flow, as well as to completely eliminate inflammation. In addition, there are herbal preparations that improve urinary function and completely eliminate edema.
- Antibacterial agents - these drugs for treating the prostate gland are prescribed if a bacterial infection also joins the disease. Such situations occur quite often, and in general, preference is given to drugs from the group of cephalosporins. Although these drugs do an excellent job with inflammatory processes, they also have some contraindications, so it is not recommended to take them yourself.
- 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors - these drugs not only relieve symptoms, but also prevent the subsequent development of pathology, and also lead to the fact that the prostate gland is significantly reduced in size.
When choosing medication for the treatment of prostate adenoma, remember that getting rid of the pathology is completely impossible if a man has low immunity. This is why it is imperative to raise funds to boost immunity. Immunostimulatory drugs are distinguished by long-term systemic effects and are excellent in complex therapies for treating prostate gland problems.
Combination drugs and drugs for the treatment of prostatitis in old age
For the treatment of prostate adenoma, many specialists prefer combination drugs. In this case, medications are carefully selected and only those that include anti-inflammatory, analgesic, regenerative and decongestant effects are prescribed.
Regarding the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma in old age, with such a diagnosis, even if complications are diagnosed, surgical treatment is not performed, but medication is prescribed.
Note! Despite the fact that many drugs have absolutely no contraindications and side effects, self-medication is strictly prohibited, as it can lead to serious consequences, even in the development of prostate cancer.
To completely eliminate a pathology such as prostatitis and prostate adenoma from a man's life, as well as to prevent the development of complications, it is necessary to contact a medical institution when the first symptoms appear. As only a qualified specialist can make the correct diagnosis after a series of examinations. According to the results of these studies, the appropriate treatment is prescribed, of course, based on the personal characteristics of the male body. Only by adhering to all the recommendations can you completely get rid of such an insidious pathology thanks to the list of drugs prescribed for prostate adenoma. Otherwise, if the disease is at an advanced stage, the only way out is surgery, which may also not always bring the desired results.
Prostate adenoma is considered one of the most common diseases, which is diagnosed in men over 40 years old. As practice shows, the older a man gets, the risk of developing this pathology increases significantly. The most important thing in such a situation is to diagnose the pathology in time and start treatment. If a disease is diagnosed at an early stage, then you can get rid of it with the help of medication. Fortunately, currently, the list of drugs for prostate adenoma is very large and the doctor, taking into account all the characteristics of the patient's body and based on the negligence of the pathology, can prescribe an effective treatment that will not onlyhelp get rid of. of pathology, but also to prevent the development of serious complications.